Dear 2019 Graduates and Parents,
Greetings! Please refer to this letter for graduation and end of the year information:
- Cap and Gowns have been ordered for every student. The representative from Herff Jones will be at LHS on Wednesday, May 1st between 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and at A-tech on Thursday, May 2nd during lunchtime to pass out cap/gown and announcement orders, and collect payments if a balance is due.
- Final Exams for LHS Seniors will be given on Monday, May 13th and Tuesday, May 14th. We will follow a regular schedule both days, but students will take Periods 2, 4, and 6 exams on Monday, and Periods 1, 3, 5, and 7 exams on Tuesday. Seniors must be in every period each day whether you are taking an exam or not. Students will take any make up exams on May 15th. Students who do not have make up exams, will be dismissed from school at the end of the day on May 15th
- The Senior Awards Ceremony Brunch will be by “invitation only” and will be held May 19th at 11:00 a.m. in the LHS Commons.
- A-tech Graduation Ceremony will be held on May 24th at 7:00 p.m. in the LHS Gymnasium.
- The Lakeside High School Graduation for the Class of 2019 is TUESDAY, May 21st at 6:00 p.m. Graduation will take place in the Gymnasium at LHS. Students must report to the LHS auditorium by 5:00 p.m. EACH STUDENT WILL RECEIVE 5 TICKETS. 2 Additional tickets may be requested by contacting Jason Baxter at (440) 993-2534. Leave a message with your student’s name and they will be added to the list to receive 2 additional tickets. You will not receive a call back. The graduation ceremony will be broadcast in the air-conditioned auditorium, with theater seating, for overflow.
*** For those who need more than the allotted number of tickets ( 7 per student ) please remember we will have free seating in the LHS Auditorium. The Auditorium is also air conditioned, has padded seats and handicapped accessible. There will be a live stream of Graduation just as it is happening in the Gymnasium. Also, new this year, we will be streaming the Graduation so that if you have family that live out of town or someone is ill they will be able to watch Graduation online at their home.***
- GRADUATION PRACTICE will take place on Monday, May 20th from 9:00 am. til 12 Noon. IF YOU ARE NOT AT PRACTICE YOU WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION EXERCISES. (****A-tech students will report to A-tech after rehearsal****)
On Graduation Practice Day, students will enter through the STUDENT PARKING ENTRANCE and report to the main gym and sit in the bleachers on the home side. On Graduation Day, students will enter through the STUDENT PARKING ENTRANCE and report to the auditorium and sit in assigned seat. The Graduates are asked to be dressed as follows:
- Young Ladies: Dresses or dress slacks (halter tops and denim are not acceptable) Skirts and blouses (no tank tops). Dress shoes. Tennis shoes, flip flops, and shorts are not permitted. Remember when choosing shoes you will be walking up the stairs to the stage. Bring or wear your shoes to practice. Hair color needs to not cause undue attention.
- Young Men: Dress slacks (denim, jeans or pants displaying chains are not permitted). Dress shirt with a collar and tie. Dress shoes. Tennis shoes (with the exception of ALL black), flip flops, and shorts are NOT permitted. Hair color needs to not cause undue attention.
- Any deviation from this listing of appropriate attire will be considered inappropriate and will prevent you from participating in the graduation ceremony. Gum, sunglasses, and electronic devices of any type are prohibited. Please refrain from bringing cell phones or purses.
- Graduation will be conducted with dignity and respect. Every parent and student deserves to be recognized and acknowledged. It is the expectation of the Ashtabula Area City Schools and Lakeside High School that graduating seniors and their parents/guests will respond in a positive and respectful manner that is warranted by a graduation. Please advise your family/guests of this requirement. Inappropriate demonstrations by individuals will result in removal from the event.
- Please refrain from bringing purses and NO CELL PHONES!
Questions??? Please contact: Mr. Klinar, Principal, Ms. Carey, Asst. Principal, & Mrs. Potter, Senior Class Advisor.